13 July 2016

Make your own sunshine

Hi everyone! Today I would like to share the instructions for the layout „Make your own sunshine“
I recently made for Just Nick Studio– it features lots of stitched flowers and embellishment clusters.



Make your own sunshine by Laureen Wagener


DESCRIPTION: I usually seek my layout inspiration either from Pinterest or mainly by looking
through my cut- files. The cut file I used is a cut- file I knew I wanted to stitch in different colored
thread.

HOW TO: Decide on a cut- file you would like to stitch out, if you are new to stitching, I would
recommend starting with a smaller design like a small phrase/ title or add a few icons like hearts.
Replace the blade in your electronic cutting machine with a pen or pencil and draw the design onto
cardstock or patterned paper. Poke holes every ¼ inch with a paper piercer and color in the design
with differnt colored watercolors. Then back-stitch the entire design. For the title use a die-cut
sentiment and color it in with watercolors, creating an ombre effect. Finish the layout with two
embellishent clusters around your photo and add your journaling if you'd like.

SUPPLIES: exclusiveAlpha stickers , chipboard stickers, dimensional stickers, puffy stickers, wood veneers, buttons, spray mist, rubber shapes,exclusive ephemera pieces Cardstock, pen, adhesive:American Crafts; Watercolors: Loew Cornell;
Doily Background Cut file: Just Nick Studio, Die cut machine: Silhouette Cameo; Floss: DMC

DETAILS: 



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!