02 August 2016

August Sketch - Scrapbook Werkstatt - Hello Summer Layout

  Hi everyone - with it being the first days of a new month there are always plenty of challenges starting! Yesterday I showed you my take on the new sketch for Creative Scrappers and this time I have a new layout using the sketch made by Julia over at Scrapbook Werkstatt in the inspiration gallery.


 Hello Summer by Laureen Wagener

DESCRIPTION: I was immediatly inspired by the Sketch but first didn't know what to scrap. Then I looked at my stash and saw some stuff from the Poolside collection by Crate Paper and new I wanted to use it. Also it helped me to scrap more vacation pictures back from 2013.

HOW TO: Create a grid design according to the Sketch on your paper - I used paper strips from differen papers and adhered them down. After that I handstitched through the middle of them. Ideas for making your grid design: watercolor, colored thread for either handstitching or machinestitching, patterned paper strips, paint - like Julia did or a fun cut- file like Zsoka did! The opportunities are endless for you to get creative! After that I chose on my photos and cut them to 3x3" / 2.5"x2.5" and matted them onto patterned paper from the collection. My main picture on the right was matted onto a piece of paper with a lot of paper strips. Embellish in the spots from the Sketch using your favorite embellishments. I used a lot of cardstock stickers and cork that I punched out with circle punches. Add spray mist to finish up your layout.

SUPPLIES: Cardstock stickers, cork, small doily, buttons, patterned paper,enamel dots, tiny word stickers, cardstock: American Crafts, adhesive:American Crafts;Floss: DMC
 
DETAILS: 







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!